Flying Lessons, Private Pilot License
Dolna Banya Flying School
Dolna Banya Flying School has a fleet of P 92 JS & P 2002 JF, EASA certified and produced by the Italian manufacturer Tecnam. It is a modern plane with outstanding flying performance and very easy to fly, which makes it perfect for flight training.
The pilotage, navigational and radio equipment are at the highest level, including integrated GPS system. Each plane is equipped with GRS (parachute which brings safely the plane and the crew to the ground, in case of emergency)
The engine of the plane is the reliable, 4 strokes, 4-cylinder 100 hp Rotax 912. Highly qualified engineers are in charge of the maintenance, in accordance with the manufacturer’s requirements.
Flight Training Requirements. Private Pilot License /SA/
- At least 18 years of age at the end of the course;
- At least secondary education.
- Call us and arrange a meeting
- Fill in an application form
- Pass medical exam
- Conclude an agreement for flight training
- Theory course
- Flight training
- Pass theory and flying exam
Private Pilot License VLA – PPL/SA/
60 hours lecturing material, 25 flight hours.
6600 BGN ( 3375 EUR).
Private Pilot License VLA – PPL/SA/ for ex-pilots of commercial aircrafts
60 hours lecturing material, 8 flight hours.
2520 BGN (1290 EUR).
Private Pilot License VLA – PPL/SA/ for pilots with valid PPL, CPL and ATPL
7 hours lecturing material, 3 flight hours.
800 BGN (410 EUR).
Recovery of Private Pilot License VLA – PPL/SA/ after a break period
5 hours lecturing material, 3 flight hours.
800 BGN ( 410 EUR).
Changing the type of the airplane for pilots with valid Private Pilot License VLA – PPL/SA/ 5 hours lecturing material, 3 flight hours
800 BGN (410 EUR).
Leasing a VLA
Ratan Ltd lets out airplane P 92 JS ; P 2002 JF for recreation flights. This is done after signing a contract, and if the plane is not already booked for that period.
Hiring P 92 JS ; P 2002 JF and a certified instructor for recreation flight:
- 1 flight hour – 250 BGN (130 EUR).
- 30 flight minutes – 150 BGN (75 EUR).
- 15 flight minutes – 100 BGN (50 EUR).
Hiring P 92 JS ; P 2002 JF by a holder of valid PPL /SA/:
- 1 flight hour – 210 BGN (110 EUR).
Dolna Banya Airport
Dolna Banya Airport consists of:
- Area of apr. 60 000 sq. m. fenced, secured and guarded 24 h.
- 800x25 meters runway, of which 440x25 meters asphalt + 80 meters grass from the East + 280 meters grass from the West
- 3 taxiways and apron
- New massive air shed for apr. 20 VLA
- Office, crew lounge, 2 classrooms
- Swimming pool, volleyball court, darts, billiard, tennis table, bar, barbeque.
- Borovetz mountain and ski resort are close to the airport.
Dolna Banya Airport is approved for flights, under the regulations of VFR /Visual Flight Rules/.
42° 18’ 35.0 N
23° 49’ 14.7” ?
RWY 09 – H abs. =545 m.
RWY 27 – H abs = 540 m.
RWY 09 – 088 MAG
RWY 27 – 268 MAG
South and North, Height 150 m. (500 ft) QFE
800 ? 25 m
Dolna Banya Tower – 118.85 Mhz
Dolna Banya Center – 121.75 Mhz
Landing Fee: 20 EUR / ???? members 10 EUR /
Parking Fee: 5 EUR / 24h. grass; 10 EUR / 24h. Hangar